What are Web Players
Web Players are a combination of Players and Public Sharing. They allow you to group together a series of content that will play back sequentially within a web browser. This makes them ideal for one-off use, sharing a group of content with others via email, or embedding on a webpage for others to see. They are also useful for troubleshooting and checking out what a Player will show.
Web Players also mean any device with a web browser can be a player, some Smart TVs, media streaming devices and conference room display systems, can use a web page as a background or screen saver. Airtame, Air Server Connect are great examples of this.
Note: In order for a web player to show content, the individual items included must be marked "Allow Public Access". This is an extra security measure as web players are publicly available on the web to anyone with the URL, and therefore require explicit public allowance set per item.
Web players will always be silent, see this article to learn why and how to work around this.
Creating a Web Player
- Go to the Player Dashboard and click Add Web Player
- Choose whether to create a player based on a chosen selection of categories or an existing playlist.
- If you chose Categories, you will see a list where you can tap to select the categories you want to include.
- If you chose Playlists, you can use select the playlist you want to use.
- Once created, click back to the main list view, and click Share icon to get sharing details.
- Use the Embed code to include the video player on a webpage, or in your VLE,
or use the Public Link to share outside the school, via email, or social media.
Example Embed Code:
<iframe src="https://app.trilbytv.co.uk/public/player/9bb891d7-3ac4-4a11-897b-76c98a95d895" width="480" height="270" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Example Public Link Page