Using TrilbyTV Player on Airtame
The Airtame 2 player device makes a great TrilbyTV Player as well as being a perfect teaching space or conference room presentation solution.
You can use an Airtame 2 device as a TrilbyTV Player and it can work alongside the screen overlay so it is easy to switch from digital signage to screen sharing.
Video, when played through a URL, will always be silent, see this article to learn why and how to work around this.
You will need:
- an Airtame 2 player
- an Airtame.cloud account
- a WiFi network
- a TrilbyTV account
- Follow the setup instructions for your Airtame device in the box and on-screen.
- Go to the Player Dashboard on TrilbyTV and under Web Players click Add Web Player.
- Give your player a name, in this example we use "Conference Room - Airtame", and click Add.
Web Players work just like your other player devices in that they can be set to show one or more categories, a Playlist or a Single item. See What are web players? for more information.
- With your Web Player configured the way you want, copy the Fullscreen Public Link over on the right-hand side.
- Now switch to Airtame.cloud, click on the Airtame to configure and then click Edit settings.
- Change the tab under Background to Website and paste in the link you just copied from TrilbyTV.
- You may want to set the overlay to Minimal or edit the overlay text to change how much of the screen is covered with the sharing information.
- Click Apply Changes and in a few seconds your Airtame will update and start playing back TrilbyTV content in the background.
Remember that Web Players will only show content that is marked as Public. For each item you want to display on the Airtame screen you'll need to Allow public access.
To change what is played back on the Airtame, just add to the categories or change the playlist, there is no need to re-copy the Public Link each time you update.
Web Players do not currently support the TrilbyTV Announcement feature.