Installing TrilbyTV Player on Amazon FireTV stick
You will need:
- an Amazon FireTV stick
- an Amazon account
- a WiFi network
- a TrilbyTV account
- Plug your Amazon FireTV stick into the HDMI port on your TV. You may need to attach the optional USB power cable if your Amazon FireTV stick does not turn on. Install the batteries in your FireTV remote
- Follow the Setup instructions for your Amazon FireTV stick. Connect to your Wireless network and login to your Amazon account
- Once on the homescreen, scroll to Search and enter 'TrilbyTV' then scroll and select the text to search
- Select the TrilbyTV Player app and click to install
- Press the home button to return to the main screen, scroll to Apps and then select TrilbyTV Player to launch
- Take note of the Player Code on screen, and then add this to your Dashboard.
- Configure your schedule settings on the Player Dashboard
Once launched for the first time, TrilbyTV Player will auto-launch and start playback when the FireTV turns on.
The Amazon FireTV stick allows you to use your mobile phone as a remote control. You cannot disable this, so we recommend that you put your Amazon FireTV stick on a different SSID to your main network, to avoid malicious use. Alternatively, you can enable Wireless Separation on your wireless network if supported, or configure separate VLANs.
We recommend you configure Parental Controls in the Settings menu. Enable Parental controls, set a PIN, and then enable 'Pin Protected Purchases'. For more information, see Amazon's Help page.
Quiet Mode and Sleep Settings (some settings may not be available depending on your fire stick version)
You should also disable the Screensaver and enable Quiet Mode, to stop any app notifications from appearing.
- Scroll Up and Right to the FireTV stick Settings
- Go to Display and Sounds
- Select Screensaver, then scroll to Start Time and change this to Never
- Select HDMI CEC Device Control and turn this to Off
- Go Back and under Notifications, turn Do Not Interrupt to On
- Press the Back arrow and scroll along to System
- Scroll down to Quiet Time and ensure it is On
For more information on Amazon FireTV settings, visit the Amazon Support Page
Issues Accessing the App Store
You may experience issues installing or updating if your internet is being filtered. Please ensure the following URLs are whitelisted on your internet filtering system:
TrilbyTV Player for Amazon Fire TV Stick is designed to work in offline mode when an internet connection has been lost. However, it requires an internet connection to begin playback so that caching of content can begin.
If your Amazon Fire TV Stick cannot connect to a wireless network when it powers on, it will be unable to start the TrilbyTV Player app, and you will see a message on the Home screen that shows Network Unavailable.
- First, check that your wireless network is available by connecting from another device located in the same area as your Fire TV Stick
- Using the remote, select the Network Diagnostics button and ensure your Fire TV Stick is connected. If not, select your network and join the Fire TV Stick to it. If your Fire TV stick is connected but the Home screen does not load, restart your device from the System menu in settings, or unplug the power from your Fire TV Stick and reconnect it.
For more information on supported wireless networks, see the Amazon help page.
You may also need to allow the device to access TrilbyTV through your network by whitelisting or allowing certain ports, see related articles below.