Corners is a TrilbyTV feature that puts your logo, the current time and date, or other information on the screen at all times. It places these in one of the four corners of the screen and you can select which goes where on all players or on each player individually.
Corners are designed to not distract from your content, so they use white text with a shadow and should float nicely on top of any content you add to the screen.
To set up corners, go to the TrilbyTV Player Dashboard and from the drop-down menus on the right side of the screen, specify the global settings for Corners on all players. If you do not want settings to apply to all players, then leave these set to None and continue to each player to configure individually.
To configure individual players:
- Click on one of your players on the Player Dashboard.
- Click the ‘Configure corners’ button under Corners on the right.
- Choose what content you would like to see in each corner.
- Press Save.
Individual player settings always override Player Dashboard settings.
Tip: It’s a great idea to set up a Web Player to test and try out corners. You will want to make sure that the placement of the Corners doesn’t overlap your content. It’s a good idea to let your users know that the logo will appear, so they don’t need to add it to the content as well.
Types of Corner content
- Default - This only appears on Individual players and indicates that the player will show whatever is set by default on the Player Dashboard.
- None - Display nothing. Useful to set on the player level to override and hide the global setting.
- Logo - Display the logo as uploaded to your System Dashboard.
- Time - The current time, displayed as hours and minutes. This comes from the time settings on your player hardware device.
- Date - The current date, displayed as DD/MM/YY or MM/DD/YY, the display format will be based on the date settings on your player hardware device.
- Time & Date - a combination of the above.
- Device Name - the name set in the iOS or Android settings on the player hardware - useful for Conference rooms where the display screen may also be available for casting or mirroring.
- Player Name - the name of the player set in the Player Dashboard on TrilbyTV.
- Currently Playing - the Title of the content item that is playing on screen at the moment set in TrilbyTV on the individual content item.