Installing TrilbyTV Player on an Android device
There are a large number of Android-based devices that can be an ideal TrilbyTV Player, from large SmartTVs to media boxes like the Minix Media Hubs, or even smaller tablets for mounting on podiums or small kiosks.
You will need:
- an Android device or Android TV (5.1 Lollipop or higher)
- a TrilbyTV account
- a Google account
- a WiFi network
- Plug your Android device into the HDMI port on your TV and to a power supply as instructed by the manufacturer
- Open the Play Store and search for 'TrilbyTV Player'
- Tap to install TrilbyTV Player on your Android device then return to the home screen and launch the app
- Take note of the Player Code on screen, and then add this to your Dashboard
- Configure your schedule settings with Player Dashboard and select your chosen playlist or categories
Installing on Android devices without the Google Play Store
If you have an Android-based device that does not have access to the Google Play Store you can still install TrilbyTV Player, however, you will need to manually visit a URL to install and update in the future.
- Open the Settings app on your phone
- Locate the Security menu
- Scroll to the item called "Unknown Sources" and enable this
- Visit this link to download the latest APK file and tap to open/install once downloaded
- Once launched you should see an 8 character Player Code on screen. Add this to Player Dashboard via our website and your device should begin playing
- Go back into Settings and disable Unknown Sources to secure your device again
Additional Configuration Configuration
The TrilbyTV Player app will register itself to auto-launch on startup making your signage start up automatically when powered on.
Android 4 Support
As of 1 October 2019, TrilbyTV Player for Android will no longer work on Android 4 devices. This is due to the lack of support for TLS 1.2 which is required to mitigate a number of potential security issues. If you have a device running Android 4.0, please see contact the manufacturer for details on updating your device to Android 5.1 or greater.