Using Power Boot to restart an Android player
Certain Android player devices can be set to reboot using a third-party app called Power Boot.
When a player is having trouble clearing memory and caches over time, this can cause the player to become unstable. In this case, a reboot will often fix the issue. You can set a reboot time via TrilbyTV, See 'Restart daily at' in our Using Player Dashboard & Player Settings doc. However, some devices don't support this ad Power Boot offers an alternative solution.
You can also achieve the same effect by using a timer plug and switching the player off and on. If you have an MDM then consider adding the Player devices and setting an on/off schedule.
To use Power Boot
- On the Player device itself, go to the Google Play Store and download the app Power Boot
- Power Boot will require root permissions so you will need to allow those
- Choose Add Schedule from the top-right menu
- Name it 'Reboot at 2 am'
- Choose Recursive as the schedule type
- Click + or - to set the time to 2 am
- Click each day to turn on the reboot for every day
- Click Save at the top of the screen
- Now at 2 am the player will automatically restart itself and the TrilbyTV Player app will auto-launch and start playing back