Using PowerBoot to restart an Android player
Older Android player devices may struggle to clear memory and the caches and over time this can cause the player to become unstable.
One resolution to this is to use an app to rester the device on a regular basis. You can also achieve the same effect by using a timer plug and switching the player off and on. If you have an MDM then consider adding the Player devices and setting an on/off schedule.
To use Power Boot…
- On the Player go to the Google Play Store and download the app Power Boot
- Power Boot will require root permissions so you will need to allow those
- Choose Add Schedule from the top-right menu
- Name it 'Reboot at 2 am'
- Choose Recursive as the schedule type
- Click + or - to set the time to 2 am
- Click each day to turn on the reboot for every day
- Click Save at the top of the screen
- Now at 2 am the player will automatically restart itself and the TrilbyTV Player app will auto-launch and start playing back